Despite the rise of big data as a source for stories, people are still at the centre of the stories that journalists write.
Interview technique is a skill to develop like any another, and according to Marvin Olasky, author and editor-in-chief of WORLD News Group, “the goal of an interview is not primarily to elicit words”.
In this article from WorldMag.com, Olasky goes into detail on the various types, stages and outcomes of an interview and how best to deal with each.
- InPublishing: New chief executive’s plans for Johnston Press
- Broadcastnow.co.uk: Piers Morgan has no guilt about £2m ITV deal – and wants to double it
- BBC explains semantic technologies and linked data behind World Cup site
- #Tip: Visit VisualisingData.com for lists of tools to use
- #GEN2012: Inside an analytics-driven French newsroom