The Tow Center for Digital Journalism has – fittingly – created a video outlining the key findings of a study into video produced by news outlets. The video explains the key results, which could prove helpful for those trying to establish their own approach to video journalism, although the video adds that “these suggestions will not work for all newsrooms”.
Having said that though, it did identify “patterns of success”, and the video shares 10 key observations around how to produce effective video, including reference to collaboration, social media strategy around video content and pre-roll advertising advice.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – links to lessons on using Pinterest
- #Tip: Consider different video styles for digital journalism
- #Podcast: Best practice pointers for handling online news corrections
- Beet.TV: Vook on working with ABC News to produce video books
- Yahoo! and CNET enter partnership to reach new audiences