A lot has been written about how journalists can use Twitter, but this article on Writeca highlights six simple – but not so obvious – ways for reporters to make the most of the platform.
The advice includes engaging with “high-profile” users on Twitter in order to raise your profile, embedding tweets into articles you write and making the most of Vine.
Plus, if you are a Tweetdeck fan (like us here at Journalism.co.uk), there are some handy hints for filters you might want to use for managing and monitoring your feeds.
- Mashable: Converting a Facebook profile to a Facebook page
- Ten technical Twitter tips for journalists
- ReadWriteWeb: Twitter to offer brand pages like Facebook’s, report says
- How the five journalists with the greatest online influence use social media
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Use Tweetbot to mute tweets auto-posted by other apps