Conducting video interviews can be daunting if you’re used to being behind the camera, rather than in front of it.
In this video posted by the BBC College of Journalism, BBC reporters Jon Sopel, Jane Corbin and Jim Fitzpatrick offer their advice for on-screen interviews.
Although the tips are aimed at television interviews, they can be applied to all forms of interview, whether for online, print or broadcast.
They include being “sceptical, not cynical” and planning ahead, while still being prepared for “unexpected opportunities”.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – recording a better interview
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – avoiding common video storytelling mistakes
- Online video: FT’s Stephen Pinches on opportunities for publishers with connected TV
- Times joins forces with Applied Works to create iPad interactives
- War correspondents’ awards adds online journalism prize