For journalists interested in data, the website Source – which was set up by the Knight-Mozilla OpenNews project – is a valuable platform to hear from others working with data in varying ways at different media outlets, and learn new techniques along the way.
In a recent post, Jonathan Stray tackles a number of challenges journalists may face in actually getting hold of the data within a document, such as working with PDF files, or how to organise information when faced with thousands of pages of data.
- Jonathan Stray: A computational journalism reading list
- #Tip: Remember how to spot and defend against cyber attacks
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – getting data out of PDF files
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – computational journalism reading list
- Nieman Journalism Lab: Are news organisations thinking about linking?