A lot of young journalists have a passion for music but it’s not always easy to translate that passion into a career. This recent blog post from Haulix gives some helpful tips on how to start, while a Journalism.co.uk feature and podcast from last year goes into yet more detail.
It is a competitive industry at the best of times but bearing these thoughts in mind and putting them into practice should help to sweeten the pill.
- #Tip: Install these Twitter add-ons for easily quoting and bookmarking articles
- #FollowJourn: @carolinebeavon/multimedia journalist
- #jpod – How to engage a subscriber community: Lessons from the Times and Financial Times
- #Podcast – Career advice for aspiring music journalists
- OJR: Advice for new journalism students