Watch this Google+ Hangout featuring tips for community engagement, moderation and building loyal relationships with your audience.
The Hangout, which marked the 2014 Community Manager Appreciation Day, includes advice from Ed Walker, digital development editor at Trinity Mirror, Hannah Waldram, community manager, EMEA, at Instagram, and magazine publisher Marc Thomas.
- Keep calls to action simple
- Offline engagement is just as important as online
- Give more attention to those readers who are providing positive input, rather than trolls and “drag-me-downs”
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – driving online engagement from offline activity
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to host a Google+ Hangout On Air
- #Tip: Keep an eye out for the launch of Google Capture for Hangouts
- #jpod – How to engage a subscriber community: Lessons from the Times and Financial Times
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – hosting Google+ Hangouts On Air