Earlier this month the Knight Foundation’s blog published a post by Cathy Collins which outlines four different ideas for digital journalism trainers to consider, which may inspire subjects and angles to tackle with students. This includes ideas covering the power of social media and the issue of press freedom.
The ideas were taken from the Knight Foundation’s “digital teaching tool, ‘Searchlights and Sunglasses‘”.
- MediaShift: Teaching social media should go beyond the basics of Twitter
- Knight News Challenge names community news project as winner
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – getting started in liveblogging
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – teaching journalism ethics
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – teaching multimedia