The Wall Street Journal’s DJ@DJ (digital journalism at Dow Jones) event runs several times a year, bringing members of the organisation together to share their knowledge and experience in different fields in a four-day training session in New York.
Among many sessions covering tips and tools for digital innovation, social media editors Elana Zak, Rubina Fillion and Allison Lichter explained how a number of different platforms can be used to engage with the publication’s community and find new stories, helpfully written up for a blog post by WSJ.com’s new social media editor EMEA, Sarah Marshall.
- #Tip: How to use BuzzSumo to monitor social analytics
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – social media advice from Newsweek and The Daily Beast
- #jpod: How journalists and publishers can best use Foursquare
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Questions to ask around online community
- #Podcast: Growing social media communities