This video on Poynter shows how journalist Robert Hernandez has built a successful personal brand on Twitter under his @webjournalist person, which has more more than 11,500 followers.
Hernandez, digital journalism professor at USC Annenberg, reveals he doesn’t “do branding” and that he had decided “I’m going to be who I am” – even if that includes making nerd jokes.
“I’m a journalist,” he explains. “Your credibility determines what you are known for.”
- #Podcast: Telling your own story – personal branding advice for journalists
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – advice on verifying news tips on Twitter
- #Tip of the day for journalists – online branding pointers
- 10,000 Words: It helps to remember the ‘person’ in ‘personal branding’
- #Tip: Become a better smartphone photographer