NewsWhip has put together a list of tools to help digital journalists brush up on their skills and stay ahead of the game this year.
The list of 10 tools every digital newsroom should be using in 2014 includes lots of useful tips for gathering, curating and visualising content.
Items on the list include the Storyful multisearch Chrome plug-in, which allows you to search multiple social networks from your browser bar, and Datawrapper, a quick and simple tool for visualising data.
Other tools include Google image search for verification and of course NewsWhip’s own social news monitoring platform, Spike.
We’ve also put together our own list of essential skills for journalists to hone in 2014. Online journalists can learn more about new digital skills and developments at our news:rewired conference on Thursday 20 February, 2014.
- #Tip: Remember these digital newsroom tools for 2014
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – free collaboration tools for journalists
- #Tip: Use this Chrome plug-in for image verification
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Save this list of verification tools
- #Tip: See how news spread on social media in August