Host of Radio 4’s Moneybox Paul Lewis shares advice for other journalists on best practice when covering money-related subjects in this video on the BBC Academy website.
Lewis covers subjects such as using straight-forward language, the mentioning of products and the importance of solid background research.
On the wider subject of working with numbers, check out this Journalism.co.uk guide from 2012 on ensuring accuracy when sharing statistics-focused news.
- #Tip: Advice on working with numbers in coverage
- Don’t Regret The Error: a journalist’s checklist
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Advice on reporting statistics
- Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – checking the reliability of a site
- Postgrad PR student seeks journalists’ responses to survey