We spend a lot of time here at Journalism.co.uk talking about digital newsgathering and online sources but nothing can replace the personal touch.
The new year is a great time to speak to sources or contacts that may have gone cold – Christmas is an easy conversation starter – and some tips over at Poynter give good advice on how to make and maintain sources with trust and respect.
- #Tip: 100 ways to make your journalism better
- #newsrw: Kate Day, Telegraph.co.uk: ‘The more engaged you are with a community, the less confrontational things become’
- #Tip: Advice from the top on how to be a good mobile editor
- #Tip: Remember these tips on getting sources to open up
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – site usability advice