“Targeted, well-maintained Twitter lists are among the most powerful tools in your social media armoury.”
That’s a quote from Malachy Browne, news editor at social news agency Storyful during a presentation he gave at our news:rewired conference on 20 September.
He gave five benefits of Twitter lists:
1. They generate story ideas
2. Read-in for your chosen beat
3. Track your competitors’ habits
4. Keep abreast of a breaking story
5. Promote your entire team’s work
He gave the example of last month’s Ottawa bus crash and how a pre-curated list for key people in Canada meant he could immediately hone in on the area.
Browne’s presentation slides are at this link.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – create Flipboard sections with Twitter lists
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Twitter lists for breaking news stories
- #journalistconf: Best practice examples of social media use in journalism
- Reuters blogs: Behind the pictures of the Hudson River plane crash
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Using lists on Twitter