On Journalism.co.uk we have previously looked at the subject of corrections in digital journalism, on news sites and social media, but this interesting article on Source takes a different angle on the issue, by asking “when and how to issue corrections for data journalism”.
The post includes examples of where mistakes might occur, and then tackles the idea of a “corrections policy for data”. All in all, a useful post to spark some discussion on best practice in this area.
- MediaBugs: How US newspapers differ on corrections and clarifications
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – data journalism inspiration
- Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: have a plan for the worst case scenario
- #Podcast: Best practice pointers for handling online news corrections
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – avoiding common mistakes in web writing