Sorting through the chaos of social media is just as important for readers looking for articles as it is for journalists looking for leads. So it helps to know when you readers are most likely to be online to let them know what stories are important each day, or each week.
Belle Beth Cooper wrote a post, based on research, for social media sharing platform Buffer detailing the best times to post articles or updates to social media networks, publish blogs or send out e-newsletters. Every audience has its idiosyncracies but as a starting point for thinking about how to time posts and updates it is an insightful read.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to define your blog’s target audience
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Be careful what you tweet and retweet
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: timing your Facebook posts
- #Tip: Other social media networks to consider
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – filtering your broadcasts to social networks