Live-tweeting has taken on a prominent role in events coverage as an integral part of the 24-hour news cycle. As well as writing up a traditional news piece, reporters are often expected to give live coverage to conferences, speeches, protests, sports events, court cases, council meetings and any other context of breaking news, within the law. Anyone can tweet, but not everyone can do it well.
So Adam Tinworth, online journalism lecturer at City University, digital media consultant and liveblogger since 2001, has shared his three top tips on live tweeting, a blog post which is gathering further useful comments from other digital luminaries.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Podcast – Real-time reporting: Liveblogging lessons for digital journalists
- #picnic10: Watch the Future of Journalism session live
- Event news: Will 2010 be the first new media election?
- One Man and His Blog: Liveblogging or livetweeting?
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Questions to ask around online community