A website called VisualisingData.com, run by Andy Kirk, recently published a group of posts, each one outlining numerous resources for those working in all stages of a data journalism project, and looking for the right tools for the job.
The “essential collection” is organised based on the task at hand, from scraping to visualising data, with additional links to useful data sources and books to help guide you through the process.
Hat tip: Scott Klein (@kleinmatic)
- #Tip: Remember these data-scraping tools for journalists
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – follow ProPublica’s ‘tools and data’ Pinterest board
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – computer assisted reporting tools
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – data collection guides
- #Tip: Useful tools for digital newsrooms in 2014