The constantly evolving nature of the web means sites have to regularly update how they present themselves. The New York Times is set to undergo a major overhaul, Trinity Mirror titles have been going through a similar process throughout the year, and ITV News was named “best designed site” at 2013′s Online Media Awards.This podcast looks at key themes in how news organisations present the wide range of news and stories on their websites, and discusses some trends for the future.
We speak to:
- Grig Davidovitz, CEO and co-founder of RGB media, a company for journalistic strategy and digital tool development
- William Owen, strategy director and founding partner of Made by Many, which built the new ITV News website
- David Higgerson, digital publishing director, Trinity Mirror
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
- #Podcast: Lessons in mobile-first news from Metro, Breaking News and Circa
- #jpod – Celebrating Local Newspaper Week: Innovations in digital at the regionals
- #Podcast – Discussing user experience and news site design
- #jpod: Lessons in digital storytelling from Storify and the Guardian
- #Podcast: How small newsrooms can make an impact with data journalism