As this New York Times headline states: ‘If Google could search Twitter, it would find Topsy‘.
Topsy is a search engine that lets you find archived tweets – and now includes every tweet sent since the dawn of Twitter.
The New York Times article states:
On Wednesday, the San Francisco company announced that it has now indexed every Twitter message since the first tweet was posted in 2006 — about 425 billion pieces of content when you include photos, pages linked from Twitter, and other related material. (Previously, its complete archive only went back to 2010.)
- Tool of the week for journalists – Topsy, real-time search for the social web
- #Tip: Create an RSS feed using the Twitter API
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – use Topsy to search the social web
- Times opens up 200-year digital archive
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Search for Sandy tweets sent by SMS