Neal Augenstein’s site #iphonereporting is a consistent source of excellent guidelines on how best to use your smartphone to supplement traditional reporting tools. These tips on shooting video on your phone are no different.
The tips are technical and technological – covering how best to hold the phone and edit the video as well as which apps to use in the process – and give a solid start to anyone looking to get good video on the go.
Shameless plug: Mobile journalism luminary Glen Mulcahy, quoted in Augenstein’s article above, is running a one-day course on mobile reporting for Journalism.co.uk in September if you want to take your skills to the next level.
- #Tip: Check out this Storify of a recent #mojochat mobile journalism discussion
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – advice on mobile reporting
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Consider getting interviewees to press record
- Five tips from a radio journalist who reports solely from an iPhone and iPad
- #Tip: Know where the video mic is on your iPhone