This week we reported that investigative news site Exaro has pulled down its paywall in favour of bringing in revenue through data services.
So, in this podcast we look at how to make investigative journalism pay.
The podcast covers a range of different models, from reader-funded journalism, to organising conferences, to syndication.
We hear from the those behind four investigative journalism sites, each of which has launched within the past two years.
We speak to:
- Bobbie Johnson, co-founder Matter
- Lyra McKee, founder, The Muckraker
- Mark Watts, editor-in-chief, Exaro
- Sarinee Achavanuntakul, founder, ThaiPublica
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
- #Podcast: Online security advice for journalists
- #jpod – Crowdfunding for journalism: is it working?
- #Podcast: How news sites invent new opportunities for archive content and data
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Read this advice on internet security
- #Podcast – What journalists should know about App.net