On the Visual.ly blog last week Allison McCartney shared a list of eight tools journalists can use to create maps, timelines and other visualisations, to help tell stories. They included MapBox – which the Financial Times has started using recently – TikiToki, Tableau and many others.
- Tool of the week for journalists: Tableau Public, for data visualisations
- Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Wordle and elections
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – free software for creating visualisations
- #Tip: Video of data visualisation tools tutorial at #ijf13
- Visual.ly illustrates the evolution of open data