Earlier this week we published a link to research on headline length.
A study by content recommendation service Outbrain found headlines with between 60 and 100 characters performed best.
We explained that the BBC opts for 55 character headlines.
If you want to check headline length then here’s a handy tool you can use to count characters.
- #Tip: Study finds headlines with 60 to 100 characters perform best
- Tool of the week for journalists – Codeacademy, for those who want to start to code
- #Tip of the day for journalists: BBC News advice on headline writing for SEO
- #Tip: Write the headline before the story
- Five tips for writing an effective press release