As journalists most of us are familiar with setting up columns in TweetDeck or other apps to display tweets containing certain keywords.
One of the features added to TweetDeck earlier this year lets you exclude certain words or users from a column.
If you find your Twitter stream becomes busy with a topic you are not interested in you can filter out those tweets.
You can do so by clicking on the arrow at the top of any of column and specifying words to exclude.
And if you are not interested in royal baby news, the Guardian has added a ‘republican’ button to its homepage which hides coverage.
Last year the news site had a button to hide news on the Olympics, and in 2011 offered an option to omit royal wedding coverage.
- Guardian gives readers option to ‘hide Olympics’ section on homepage
- Norwegian tabloid newspaper offers readers a ‘Breivik-free’ online edition
- #Tip: Save tweets with a particular hashtag to Tweet Binder
- The top 10 most-read stories on Journalism.co.uk, 14-20 April
- Poll: Is the new Daily Mail beta website an improvement?