Last month, the government published new guidelines setting down the rights of journalists and the general public to film council meetings and report on them via social media.
Richard Taylor, who works for freedom of information site WhatDoTheyKnow.com, among other roles, was invited to write a piece for the Guardian on the subject. The final copy wasn’t published, but Taylor published these excellent tips for observing and reporting on public meetings in local government on his blog.
- #Tip: Brush up on guidelines and skills to cover council meetings live
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – wiki for reporting on local government
- Is FOI the tool of the lazy journalist?
- Guardian recruiting ‘beatbloggers’ for new local project
- New York University journalism student banned from blogging on class