News outlets across the world have embraced the tablet as another platform from which to reach new digital audiences, and often supply them with a new editorial experience. One model in particular is the evening iPad newspaper edition, which have been launched by a number of outlets across the world.
This week’s podcast looks at three examples of evening iPad editions in the US, Brazil and Italy, all taking the approach of offering content which users will not find via the news outlet’s other products in print or online, and often in a more magazine-style.
We hear from:
- Pedro Doria, executive editor, O Globo
- Keira Nothaft, senior director of special projects, Arizona Republic
- Andrea Iannuzzi, former deputy editor of La Repubblica Sera, now editor, Agenzia Giornali Locali, Gruppo Editoriale L’Espresso
- Luca Fraioli, deputy editor, La Repubblica Sera
- #Podcast – Tumblr lessons from NME and The Times
- #Podcast: Lessons in mobile-first news from Metro, Breaking News and Circa
- #Podcast – Drone journalism: A look at flying cameras
- #Podcast: How news outlets are bringing content ‘to life’ with augmented reality
- #Podcast: How to get started in investigative journalism