Instagram is more than just pretty pictures, says a post on Poynter, which outlines how news outlets can use the photo-sharing network for engagement and reporting.
It is also worth adding that the Boston Globe has an Instagram wall, a screen which displays geolocated pictures as they are shared.
You might be interested to read this feature on how the wall gave an insight into how people were spending their time when off work in the days following Hurricane Sandy.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: How news outlets can use Instagram
- #Tip: Search Instagram pictures using Gramfeed
- Hurricane Sandy and verification: 4 key takeaways from Storyful Hangout
- NYTimes: Online newsrooms are killing young journalists’ spirit
- Tool of the week for journalists: Geofeedia, to locate real-time photos, videos and tweets