Image attachments can easily get lost in the deluge of downloads or mass of messages which are part and parcel of a journalist’s daily grind. Thankfully, Amit Agarwal, of tech blog Daily Inspiration, has written a handy piece of code to automatically save image attachments in Gmail to Google Drive. To make it even more useful, you can then search for text in the images as Drive supports optical character recognition.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Save to Drive Chrome extension
- PIXSTA develops ‘image-to-image’ search engine
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Researching with Google Images
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – search by image service on Google
- #Tip: Use this Chrome plug-in for image verification