Steve Buttry has started a series and hashtag on advice for editors (or #advice4editors) as a personal addition to his work as digital transformation editor at Digital First Media and Journal Register Co.
Although it is aimed at new editors in DFM newsrooms it is equally applicable to editors elsewhere or pretty much anyone in the field of journalism: breaking habits, the importance of listening and leading by example may be obvious characteristics but having them illustrated in a newsroom context makes them more applicable – and somehow more real.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip: Pointers for those leading a newsroom
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – investigative journalism
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – what and how to tweet as a journalist
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – finding a freelance niche
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – breaking stories on Twitter