Poynter have drawn up a list of 10 need-to-know tools for journalists, handily compiled into categories as research, social media and data tools.
The first tool, FOIA Machine, is an American project that is still sourcing contacts so UK users may wish to use What Do They Know as an alternative.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Take a look at this list of Twitter tools
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – tools for beginner data journalists
- #Tip: Tools for creating visualisations of data
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – apps and tools for ‘facilitating the reporting process’
- #Tip of the day for journalists: How to avoid errors on social media when covering election