The ability to understand data and statistics, or at least turn them into a story, is a central skill in news and investigative journalism. The helpful folks over at 10,000 Words have put together a list of books and resources that can give journalists a solid foundation of the basics.
If you want to find out more about getting started in data journalism this recent Journalism.co.uk podcast features some expert advice. Keep an eye out for more information about data journalism on Journalism.co.uk in the future.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Podcast: Getting started in data journalism
- #jpod – Open data and journalism: How and why journalists should be digging for stories
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – advice on searching public sources of data
- #jpod – Advice for journalists on reporting deaths responsibly
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to get started as a multimedia journalist