How can journalists gather news stories from different communities in the UK? And what are the considerations when newsgathering and finding stories that are relevant to audiences in particular parts of the world?
This podcast addresses those questions, providing tips on how reporters can find new sources in different communities around the UK, such as looking at forums.
It also looks at newsgathering in different regions, and how news outlets are pushing out stories on popular platforms in countries such as Russia, Iran and China.
Sarah Marshall, technology editor at Journalism.co.uk, speaks to:
- Ramaa Sharma, BBC Delhi digital editor
- Yasmine El Rafi, development editor for social media, Swedish Public Radio
- Dmitry Shishkin, digital development editor, BBC Global News
- Esra Dogramaci, who until recently was part of the social media team at Al Jazeera
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
You might also be interested in:
- Four tips on finding stories from diverse communities (from Yasmine El Rafi)
- ‘Social media needs to put the person at the heart of the story’ (by Esra Dogramaci)
- #Podcast – Tips and tools for sorting the social media chaos
- #Podcast: Growing social media communities
- #jpod: How journalists can best use LinkedIn
- #Podcast: Industry experts share predictions for digital journalism in 2013
- #jpod – How to engage a subscriber community: Lessons from the Times and Financial Times