There’s no hiding from the digital revolution and for years journalists have been building their own online portfolios. The results have been mixed, occasionally tragic, but developers cottoned on to many hacks’ lack of advanced programming skills long ago and the proliferation of available platforms has swamped the internet.
Thankfully, Poynter has just published a handy and detailed guide to some of the best, looking at features, archive size, backup options and more.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – setting up Newsbeat for analytics
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – using Geocommons to map data
- #Tip: Guide for journalists on using Chartbuilder
- #Tip: Revisit this Q&A for long-form journalism pointers
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Seven steps for building an online community