The BBC College of Journalism has a helpful post on searching social media.
BBC internet research specialist Paul Myers has written a post with tips on searching Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other sites.
If you find that post helpful you might also like this guide on searching social media for stories.
Journalism.co.uk runs a course on advanced online research skills. The next course runs on 18 April. At the time of writing there were three places available.
- Data Miner: Social searching – who has the story?
- Online journalism, data and social media: 22 short courses for journalists
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – try an advanced Twitter search using SocialBro
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Researching with Google Images
- #Tip: Three ways journalists can use Facebook more effectively