The Data Driven Journalism site has an explainer telling you how to visualise your Twitter, Facebook or Google+ connections using a tool called Gephi.
He explains how he has visualised the @WiredUK Twitter connections.
As a journalist you might want to try visualising your own network, but it could also be interesting to study connections of a key person within your news beat.
- #FollowJourn: @psychemedia/lecturer and blogger
- MPs’ travel expenses disparity highlighted by Guardian Open Platform projects
- OUseful: New public data Q&A site launches
- #jpod – Open data and journalism: How and why journalists should be digging for stories
- OUseful: Gripes with Guardian’s DataStore #datajourn