If you want to get started in data journalism, you might like to watch this series of videos.
There is a series of four free courses being run by kdmc at the Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. And as they are online you don’t need to be in California to take part.
The final tutorial in the series takes place on Monday (you can register here), but you can also make the most of the seminar videos which are also at the above link.
There are tutorials on the following topics:
- Spreadsheet basics
- Introduction to data visualisation
- Communicating with maps
- Introduction to data mapping (which will run on Monday)
Journalism.co.uk offers data journalism training. We have one-day courses coming up in data visualisations, open data and an introduction to data journalism. See the full list at this link.
- #jpod – Open data and journalism: How and why journalists should be digging for stories
- Visual.ly illustrates the evolution of open data
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – try this Google Fusion Tables tutorial
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to get started as a multimedia journalist
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – try this tutorial on using Google Fusion Tables