For those keen to get started in data journalism, the Open Data Institute website’s guide to open data may prove useful in gaining a detailed understanding of what open data is, and the differences between big data, linked data and midata. The guide also outlines to organisations the benefits of opening up their data.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip: Take a look at engagement data for your own tweets
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Useful analytics tools
- #Tip: Video of data visualisation tools tutorial at #ijf13
- #Tip of the day for journalists – UGC verification
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – digital security advice for reporters