Today’s tip for journalists is to add the Creative Commons Search to Firefox.
Creative Commons images and other content can be used by news sites and blogs free of charge. Here at Journalism.co.uk we regularly use images shared with Creative Commons licences on Flickr and other sites.
Those who use such images will no doubt be aware of the Creative Commons Search. Did you know there is an option that allows you to add the search to the Firefox browser?
To add the option, go follow the link near the bottom of this Creative Commons Search page. You can then select the CC Search option and speed up the process of finding images.
When searching for Creative Commons content, don’t forget to tick the box that includes results that can be used for commercial purposes.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Add Twitter search to your browser
- Flickr and geotagging: Part of the newsgathering model?
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Creative Commons on YouTube
- TechCrunch: YouTube launches creative commons licence option
- Innovations in Journalism – a plug in to ease sorting through web images and video from PicLens