Poynter has shared ideas on using Tumblr, Facebook and Pinterest and other social networks to highlight old content.
Meena Thiruvengadam gives five ways journalists can use social media to resurface old content, including using Facebook’s timeline to organise continuing coverage, as the Wall Street Journal did for tracking the Facebook IPO.
The five tips, with illustrations from news outlets, are at this link.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – ethical considerations when using Facebook
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Five ways to use social media curator RebelMouse
- #Tip of the day for journalists – newsgathering with social media
- #Podcast: A look at the different ways news sites use live video
- Wall Street Journal: New York Times to start charging for online in January