This podcast gives tips for news sites on how to increase engagement on Facebook.
It includes advice on understanding Facebook’s algorithm, examples of status updates that drive engagement, and thoughts on how you can increase referral traffic through the sharing of articles from your news site.
Journalism.co.uk technology editor Sarah Marshall speaks to:
- Luke Lewis, who is currently editor of NME.com and soon to be editor of BuzzFeed UK
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager at Metro
- Chad Whittman, founder of EdgeRank Checker, a Facebook analytics tool
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
- #Podcast: How newsrooms are using social media analytics
- #jpod – How to engage a subscriber community: Lessons from the Times and Financial Times
- #followjourn – @richjm Richard Moynihan/social media and community manager
- #Podcast: Growing social media communities
- #Podcast: Lessons in mobile-first news from Metro, Breaking News and Circa