Storyful journalist Jenny Hauser has produced a post on the European Journalism Centre about verifying user-generated-content. As well as pointers from National Public Radio’s Andy Carvin, Hauser also outlines 5 tips for verifying video content in particular.
Those interested in verification techniques may also find this Journalism.co.uk how-to guide from last year on verifying social media content useful.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Verifying Twitter content
- #jpod – Advice on verifying social media content and correcting errors
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Learn from fake Hurricane Sandy pictures
- #Tip: Process and tools for finding and verifying UGC
- Tool of the week for journalists: Geofeedia, to locate real-time photos, videos and tweets