US site for journalists Poynter has compiled a list of research sites you can use when working on an in-depth story.
The post explains that many academics are publishing their research online as “the world of scholarship is creeping toward greater openness”.
The post’s author John Wihbey states:
It’s also important to acknowledge that conventional web searches — just Googling it — won’t necessarily turn up the best research materials; search algorithms don’t always prominently highlight studies and reports that are seldom linked to or visited.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- MediaShift: Why news organisations should use ‘linked data’
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: Using Facebook, Twitter and Storify for political coverage
- PDA: ‘Algorithms will replace journalists’
- Google announces new Chrome extension to block ‘content farms’
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Search for open government data