In a post on his Online Journalism Blog, Paul Bradshaw runs through seven laws – beyond libel, privacy, contempt – which may not be the first which spring to mind for journalists, but are important to know, such as when it comes to digital publishing. These include issues such as copyright, data protection, freedom of information and discrimination and hate speech legislation.
See his full post for more detail on the impacts of each of these laws.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- Hari Kunzru: ‘The right to freedom of speech trumps any right to protection from offense’
- New legislation threatens to restrict press freedom in South Africa
- FT.com: Problems with London Mayor Boris Johnson’s crime map plan
- Index: Hungary faces squeeze on freedoms
- Media release: Libel reform campaigners respond to Queen’s Speech