If you were one of those people who downloaded the new Twitter-owned Tweetdeck when it was announced in December only to quickly revert to using the original, this post by Storyful may change your mind about Twitter’s offering and encourage you to revisit the new version.
Storyful is a social news wire where journalists search the social web for stories, verify the information and pass that on to news outlets who pay for the service. As filtering the social media chaos is Storyful’s bread and butter, it is worth taking a lead from them on tools to use.
In the post fantastically headlined ‘how I learned to stop worrying and love the new Tweetdeck‘, Felim McMahon spells out why journalists should use Tweetdeck, takes you through features and new version updates, giving useful pointers on Twitter lists and adding Facebook accounts.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Read Storyful’s new ebook on social newsgathering
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Browser advice
- App of the week for journalists: Storyful, for curated social media stories
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Watch Storyful’s Hangout on verifying Sandy footage
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Verifying locations featured in videos