New job titles can provide stories for journalists, and while many reporters are familiar with keeping tabs on their contacts via LinkedIn, perhaps fewer do so by using a tool to find out when Twitter bios are updated.
The tool allows you to sign up for email notifications so that you are alerted when a Twitter contact changes their bio. You can also check out the bio history of a person.
And as I said in the guide, if I had been using this tool earlier this month I would have noted a bio change in Alastair Dant’s profile which would have provided a news story as he is leaving the Guardian’s interactive team which he heads up and heading to the New York Times.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Followjourn: @ajdant – Alastair Dant/interactives #newsrw
- #GEN2012: Interactive graphics case studies from the Guardian
- Tool of the week for journalists: Conweets, for tracking Twitter conversations
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – find out how many of your Twitter followers are fakes
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Learn from fake Hurricane Sandy pictures