If you are newsgathering via social media – or even taking inspiration for a story from a press release, you will need to use one or more of a number of verification tools to help check your sources.
The Emergency Journalism site has a really valuable list of useful links to verification tools that is worth exploring and bookmarking.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Take a look at this list of tech and tools
- Currybet.net. ‘How major publishers are using social media to drive traffic – Part Six’
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 30 specialist search engines
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Learn from fake Hurricane Sandy pictures
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – check out this list of data visualisations tools