If you ever want to embed part of a YouTube video rather than the full-length footage, use TubeChop.
This tool was brought to our attention by this post on the 10,000 Words blog.
By adding a YouTube URL or keyword into TubeChop you can select part of the footage and save and embed that selection.
For example, here is a clip taken from a video that was 9 minutes in length. It is cut to only show the first part of of the Felix Baumgartner’s skydive from space.
The photo below demonstrates how easy TubeChop is to use.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Editing video using YouTube
- Tool of the week for journalists: Thinglink, for interactive images
- App of the week for Journalists – Klip, a great new iPhone app for video sharing
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – handy pointers for shooting video from a smartphone
- Google Blog: Citizentube tracking ‘way people using video to change the world’