Social media director for the Wall Street Journal Liz Heron has Storified some of the responses she received after posting a tweet a few days ago asking for the “#1 tip for social media newsgathering”.
The resulting Storify highlights some of the key pointers shared, such as verification and building trust with sources, as well as some digital tools to add to a journalism toolkit (including Storify itself).
Journalism.co.uk also recently produced a how to guide on using social media to gather news.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Save this list of verification tools
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Learn from fake Hurricane Sandy pictures
- You can now add SoundCloud recordings to Storify
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – a mobile media toolkit for smartphone reporting
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Take a look at this list of Twitter tools