The 10,000 Words blog has a post with ‘five ideas for ThinkLinked’ journalism‘.
ThingLink is a free tool that allows you to add rich media, such as YouTube videos, SoundCloud recordings and Wikipedia entries to photographs.
The 10,000 Words post includes this tagged image by Berliner Morgenpost. It shows those present in the ‘situation room’ during the raid which resulted in the death of Osama Bin Laden and links to Wikipedia entries explaining who the individuals in the room are.
The 10,000 Words post also suggests that journalists should use ThinkLink for:
3. Who’s who
Jonas Forth, creative director of ThinkLink will be speaking at our digital journalism conference news:rewired on 6 December. The agenda and ticket details are at this link.
- Wikipedia first with news of Tim Russert’s death
- Associated Press: Publisher plans printed version of Wikipedia
- Tool of the week for journalists: Thinglink, for interactive images
- #ftmedia12: Jimmy Wales’s advice for journalists on using Wikipedia
- Tool of the week for journalists – ProPublica’s TimelineSetter